- cups/1 liter rose hips
- 2 cups/0.47 liter water
- 1 cup/240 millilitres sugar
- Gather the ingredients.
- Wash rose hips thoroughly.
- Remove stems and flower remnants before boiling rose hips and water for 20 minutes in a covered saucepan.
- Once boiled, strain the rose hips through a jelly bag and return clear juice to saucepan.
- Add sugar to strained water, stir well, and boil five minutes until sugar has dissolved and sauce has thickened.
- Refrigerate syrup in an airtight container until ready for use.