Does your dog limp, takes frequent breaks and doesn’t like to play anymore? Osteoarthritis or another disease of the joints can be to blame. If the symptoms are only mild, then even rosehip powder can help to relieve your dog’s pain and help him to enjoy exercise again. Rosehip powder for dogs – with seven effective properties.
Rosehip powder is rich in vitamin C, which has an antioxidant effect for our four-legged friends (and not only for them). Therefore, the proven home remedy can work well against inflammation, among other things.
This is what rosehip powder can do for your dog
Rosehip powder has a very pronounced anti-inflammatory effect. The joints benefit from this, as they hurt when inflamed and prevent your four-legged friend from moving. These are the main effects of rosehip powder, which is why it is so popular with dogs. But many people also take this powder as a dietary supplement: Because of the healthy ingredients (lots of vitamin C) and against pain in the joints.
What makes rosehip powder so interesting for dogs?
In addition to vitamin C, rosehip powder also contains other vitamins (vitamins A, B1, B2, B3 (niacin), B6, B9 (folacin), E and vitamin K) that are extremely good for dog health.
Shouldn’t these vitamins already be in dog food?
Of course, a dog that receives good dog food (for example a dog food with a high meat content) should get all the important nutrients (vitamins as well as minerals) through its food. But some dogs are picky, some senior dogs no longer eat enough. And sometimes you just want to add extra vitamins with a rosehip treatment. To do something good for the dog, sometimes because he is suffering from acute complaints.
By the way: dogs are able to synthesize vitamin C themselves. Nevertheless, additional vitamin C supports your musculoskeletal system and the animal’s immune system. At least this was the result of a corresponding study (Wendell O. Belfield, How to Have a Healthier Dog: The Benefits of Vitamins and Minerals for Your Dog’s Life Cycles, Belfield ).
The advantages of the rosehip for the dog at a glance
- Rosehip powder is a purely natural product.
- There are no known side effects (not even with long-term use).
- The powder contains plenty of bio active substances, it is an antioxidant and a free radical scavenger.
- Most dogs tolerate the powder very well.
- Thanks to the vitamins it contains, the powder has an anti-pain and anti-inflammatory effect.
- The administration over a longer period of time can ensure painless or at least easier movements.
- The powder is easy to dose with the help of teaspoons and tablespoons.
- It is suitable for long-term use.
- Rosehip powder can still be discontinued at any time.
- Rosehip powder is suitable for small, medium and large dogs. Especially because it is so easy to dose.
- In young dogs (puppies in general, but also in growth) and older dogs (senior dogs) the extra vitamins strengthen the immune system and well-being.
- Rosehip powder is healthy, has a high content of antioxidant vitamin C. It helps with colds, for example.
- Vegan and gluten free.
First and foremost, you should pay attention to the recommended dosage on the Nature’s Farm packaging for rosehip powder. This information should always be given priority, because it takes into account the concentration of the powder. If the information on the correct dosage of the rosehip is missing, the following guidelines can be used.