Do you find that the harsh winter air dries out your skin? Well you are not the only one! a lot of us may well find it very difficult to maintain that youthful glow.
At some point, the signs of aging might kick in ruining the rituals that you may have come to follow over the years … or lack thereof.
Obviously, if one wants to keep from aging, you may believe the hype and begin to think you’ll have to spend a great deal of money, on anti aging products.
Take it from me, I have tried top of the range treatments too and have discovered myself that they don’t work often regretting in the end all the time and money wasted.
They claim to work , but eventually no real results can be seen. I myself am a model and my work really asks for me to preserve a glowing youthful skin. The good thing is, by means of trial and error, I developed a rosehip oil mask recipe that I’ve been making use of for quite sometime now.
This DIY moisturizing mask has actually saved me from my skin issues and has saved me from spending lots of cash too. This used to be my little secret, but since I know the struggles, I am sharing the recipe with you. I hope you enjoy! Please let us know if you have your own rose hip oil recipe down in the comment box below. We ‘d love to hear from you and possibly feature you in our next post.
Below are items that you will need …
- 2 tsp Organic Greek Natural yogurt or Organic Coconut Milk (this will produce a thinner consistency).
- 1 tbsp Organic Rosehip Oil available from naturesfarm.co.za
- 1 tsp Organic Honey.
- 3-4 drops Organic Essential Rose Geranium Oil.
- 1/2 tsp Organic Turmeric.
It is not essential that all the ingredients be organic, but I feel that you will get better results if they are.
How its made
- Add the honey and yogurt into a bowl and mix thoroughly. Make sure that honey and yogurt is completely blended prior to adding the other ingredients.
- Once the mixture is well-blended, add in rosehip oil and essential rose geranium oil. Mix the oils slowly until it is well blended and resembles a paste.
- Include the turmeric to the mixture. Blending this one is easy as its color will let you know when it is well-blended.
- Once all of the ingredients have been mixed up, it may be applied on the skin.
- Start spreading the mixture on the face and slowly extending it to the neck and shoulders. I like to use MAC’s 191 brush and paint it on, but fingers will do just fine!
- Leave the mixture on skin for 20 to 30 minutes. Relax by taking a bath, read a good book, or even try to meditate. Stress is a big cause for skin problems so enjoy this time to pamper yourself. Your skin will thank you for it!
Rinse thoroughly with cold water.
Note: Always test any new substance on a small area of your skin in case of allergic reactions.